Do you own a home or other real estate in Missouri?
Did you know there are ways to avoid having your home go through the probate process?
The Beneficiary Deed, or Transfer on Death Deed, is a legal document that allows you to transfer your real property outside of the probate process. The article linked above discusses the use of these Deeds and why you may or may not want to consider one in your portfolio.
We frequently use Beneficiary Deeds when helping individuals and families complete their Estate Plan. While we encourage everyone to sit down with an attorney to learn more about their own estate and how to plan for the future, we also want to provide an easy way for non-clients to obtain their own Beneficiary Deed.
We offer two levels of Beneficiary Deed services:
Deed Delivery (PDF to customer)
Instructions for Filing the Deed
(filing fee not included)
In office meeting to sign and notarize the Deed
Delivery of Deed to County Recorder's Office
Ready to order your Beneficiary Deed?
Click the button below to fill out our intake form and order your Beneficiary Deed
What happens next?
- Upon receipt of the completed Order Form, we will email you an invoice to pay for the package selected (and filing fee, if applicable).
- You will send us a copy of the current Deed via PDF/email or in regular US Mail.
- Upon receipt of the Deed and payment, we will prepare your Beneficiary Deed.
- If you selected the Basic Package, your Deed and Instructions will be emailed to the email address you provided on the order form within 3 business days.
- If you selected the Premium Package, we will email you a link to our scheduling calendar so you can schedule a time to sign and notarize your Beneficiary Deed at our office.
Please note: Our Beneficiary Deed Packages do not include legal advice or counsel. These packages are designed as document preparation services only. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information contained in the Deed and your beneficiary decisions. If you would like additional help or counsel, please see our Estate Planning services.